Bitcoin Price - Current (BTC) Live Value
What is Bitcoins price?? This Technical Analysis Widget is an advanced tool that displays BTC price movements. You can even use technical indicators to see the chart in different views. We use Trading Views beautifully designed charts that let you see the performance of Bitcoin over certain time frames.
Make sure to save this page and keep coming back to see real-time prices daily. If you want to see all coins you can view the top cryptocurrencies here and save bookmark that page too.
What is Bitcoin (BTC)
Bitcoin (BTC) is the most famous and well known, also the first, cryptocurrency used worldwide as an alternative to the common currencies such as the US dollar, Euro, etc.
Nobody knows who invented the Bitcoin, all we know is that it was created by Satoshi Nakamoto, which is a pseudonym of a developer or maybe a development team.
Bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency, which means it cuts off all the third parties during a money transaction, like banks, and lets the only user make transactions on the peer-to-peer Bitcoin network.
All the transactions are verified and recorded in a public distributed ledger called blockchain, where you can check all the transactions made by users, but without the spread of personal data, just wallet addresses.
You can own Bitcoins by simply buying them with a Fiat currency on one of the available exchanges (click here for a list of exchanges), or by performing a creation process called “Mining”, that will use your computer performance to solve some math algorithm and get rewarded with some Bitcoins, without the need of a pickaxe!
There are currently over 18,5 Million BTC, with a current average of 900BTC mined per day.
There is a limit of Bitcoin that can be mined, and that limit is in his own source code, which is 21 Million BTC, after reaching that number there will be no more Bitcoin to harvest.
The Bitcoin Bullet Story
- 18 August 2008 the domain “bitcoin.org” was registered
- 31 October 2008 a paper titled “Bitcoin: A peer-to-peer Electronic Cash System” was posted by Satoshi Nakamoto
- 3 January 2009 Nakamoto mined the starting block of the chain, called Genesis block
- 2010 the first known commercial transactions, two Papa John’s pizzas for 10.000 BTC
- In February 2011 the major users of BTC were Black Markets, like Silk Road, where users made transactions for 9.9 million BTC, worth about $214 million.
- In 2013 prices raised from $13.30 to $770 by the end of the year
- 23 June 2013 US Drug Enforcement Administration listed 11.02 BTC as a seized asset, this was the first time a government agency had seized bitcoin.
- October 2013 FBI seized about 30,000 BTC from Silk Road and sold them on blind auction
- 5 December 2013 People’s Bank of China prohibited Chinese financial institutions from using bitcoins.
- 2014 prices fell from $770 to $314
- 2015 prices rose from $314 to $434
- 2016 prices climbed to $998 by the end of the year
- 2017 prices rose from $998 to $13,412.44 by the end of the year, reaching its all-time high of $19,783.06 on 17 December 2017
- February 2018 China banned trading in bitcoin, following prices fell from $9,054 to $6,914
- Throughout 2018 Bitcoin prices were negatively affected by several hacks and thefts from cryptocurrency exchanges, such as Coincheck, Coinrail, Bithumb, and Bancor. $761 million worth of cryptocurrencies were stolen.
- 2019 Bitcoin futures and options trading started, the prices rose to $13,000 by the end of the year
- 11 March 2020 accordion to CoinMetrics and Forbes 281,000 BTC were sold by owners who held them for only thirty days. During the same week, most of the exchanges experienced a severe increase in the number of account signups, due to the Bitcoin price collapse.
Take your trading to the next level
Bitcoin Technical Analysis - BTC
This Bitcoin Technical Analysis Widget is an advanced tool that displays ratings based on technical indicators. We use Trading Views beautifully designed gauge that lets you see the summary based on all indicators at a quick glance. You no longer have to apply multiple indicators to analyze a financial instrument since this widget does that for you. On top of that, all ratings are shown in real-time.