Gala games, similarly to other game stores such as Steam, features a selection of games from which users can pick and play. However, unlike other stores, all games are 100% free to play and accessed through a decentralized application (dApp), making them blockchain games.
Some of the most popular games by user base are the following:
- Mirandus: A fantasy RPG adventure where players battle monsters in a variety of locations and build their land to earn revenue;
- Spider Tank: Spider Tank is a multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game that allows players to duke it out on a variety of maps using their spider tanks and various armaments;
- Town Star: A town building and development game that allows players from all over the world to compete to earn NFTs;
- Fortified: A PvP tower defense game that sees players put their strategies to test using a variety of player-owned assets;
- Echoes of Empire: An epic sci-fi strategy game that sees players wage war over the scarce resources scattered throughout the universe.
As well as the gaming ecosystem, Gala also has a NFT store, which supports the different player owner in-game assets obtainable throughout these different games. These items are usually divided into six classes based on rarity: Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic, Legendary, and Ancient. All items can be purchased and sold using several cryptocurrencies, as a result of the integration of the platform with CoinPayments.
The platform uses its own native utility token, known as GALA. GALA coin is used as the main digital asset in the ecosystem to purchase items (NFTs), make peer-to-peer payments, rewarding nodes and more. Users can also contribute to the ecosystem by running a node, which requires buying a license. By running a node users can earn Gala tokens or rare NFTs. It currently costs around $13,000 to run a node and the amount is capped at 50,000 nodes.