How to Connect Your Bitmart API Keys on Yanda
In this blog post, I am going to show you how to successfully connect your crypto trading exchange to your new Yanda.io automated trading account.
First, I want to go over real quick what an API key is and the reason we use them.
API stands for Application Programming Interface.
Why do we use API keys
You should see an API Key as a tool that lets you access a specific set of data from everywhere. The EU made clear to banks that they have to allow customers to get their API keys to enhance transparency and trust.
Cryptocurrency exchanges follow the same regulation and therefore are allowing traders to generate API keys from their setting pages.
You need API keys when you want to create a link between your account with exchanges and another software.
To trade automatically via Yanda, you need to copy/paste the API keys from the various exchanges. Once you put your API keys into Yanda, you will be able to automate your trading sessions across multiple exchanges without moving your cryptos outside the exchange!
To let you have full control over the data you want to share, each API keys set can be generated with different permissions granted to the keys themselves.
If you create your keys with “read balance” permission only, the only thing you will be able to do with the API is to read your balance.
To trade with Yanda you need to grant “read balance” and “trade” permission.
You never have to grant “withdrawal” permissions to your keys so that nobody will be able to withdraw your funds from the exchange without your explicit permissions!
Now that we know more about APIs, let me show you where we can find them and how to connect your exchanges to Yanda.
Yanda currently lets you connect with six different exchanges. You only need to connect one to automate crypto trading, but you can, in fact, connect all sic and trade between all of them from Yanda. There is now no need to have multiple tabs open to trade on multiple exchanges. That’s a win for us all…
Below are the 6 exchanges currently available to connect on Yanda. If you would like to connect to one of these other than Bitmart, click the button the view the API connecting instructions.
2. Click on the Bitmart logo at the top and click connect. It will highlight green.
3. You will now be taken to the API section. Here you will find illustrated slides on how to connect your Bitmart account to Yanda.
You can follow these step exactly – or you can continue reading this blog post and I will keep on track and list all the steps for your to follow below. Or if you want to, you can watch this video (how to connect your Bitmart account to Yanda using API keys)
Let’s move on.
4. If you already have a Bitmart account login, If you do not have an account already set up click the blue link ‘Don’t you have an account with Binance? Create it now.’
Once you have either logged in or created your new Bitmart trading account you now need to find your API key settings.
5. Once you have either created your account of logged in, on the top menu click (in my case) ‘My Email Address’ or Username – it’s circled at the top. Then click Account on the drop down menu.
6. Scroll down until you find API, then click ‘Set’.
7. Name your new Bitmart API. We suggest calling it Yanda API, that way you know which platform it belongs to if you use another service also.
Also, select ‘SPOT’
There are a few more safety steps to Bitmart, or at least there is for me as I selected them all when I created the account.
Here you need to click send on each box.
Yes, you will need to enter the code from your email, phone and Google authenticator.
You can download the Google Authentication Application available on IOS and and Android. I have all my account connect on my mobile app even Coinbase for buy and selling cryptocurrencies.
8. Next step, copy the Access Key and the Secret Key on to Yanda and click confirm.
NOTE: You will only see this secret key once.
9. Copy & Paste your ‘API Key’ and ‘API Secret’ to into the boxes on Yanda, and click ‘Connect Now’ and you are all set!
Time to enjoy the power of Automated Trading!
Now, you are all set to start automating your crypto trading with Yanda.
To double check that everything has worked, go to the Yanda dashboard and look at the ‘Total Value’ of your portfolio. You will now see the total balance of your Bitmart trading exchange account.